Friday, December 3, 2010

the beginning

My story is a great story, one so amazing and full of God's grace that I do not know where to begin. So I'll just take a deep breath, trust in the Lord, and start.

I grew up as most Southerners do, with a religious family. We went to church although as a child I disliked it. I was shyer than most and disliked having to interact with others. (I've completely outgrown that). I knew who the Lord was and was baptized at a young age... but okay, let's get past all of this. Let's get to the nitty gritty of why I'm starting this blog.

In 2002 I went into a coma. A five month coma. The doctors said I would not make it. They said if I survived I would be a vegetable for the rest of my life. Now, I'm no expert but I don't think a rhudabaga could be typing this. So, here is my story.

It was August 2002. I was living in a small town in Vermont. I remember not being happy because my living situation was less than ideal, but there must have been something else wrong me. Apparently I lost my memory. I remember not being happy and deciding to move back to Rome, Ga where I had gone to college and met my then husband. We got a moving van and packed up. The next thing I remember is being in Kingston, Tn driving through the fog looking for my ex father in laws house. The next thing I remember is sitting in Rome, Ga crying. Then looking at an apartment we were supposed to move into.

Skip five months and I'm in a caged hospital bed.

Have you ever seen a caged hospital bed? They zip on the outside so the occupant of the bed cannot escape.

I cannot claim that memories from this point on are in any sort of order or even if they are true. The mind is powerful thing and my mind was messed up. My thoughts get all scrambled up from what people have told me, what I have dreamed and what I think really happened. So bear with me while I regroup.

No comments:

Post a Comment