Wednesday, September 21, 2011

in regards...

Okay, in regards to my last blog, a very good friend mentioned what she couldn't stop thinking about when she read it. What about those husbands who don't believe? Well, that is mentioned in the book as well. Unfortunatley alot of our husbands aren't as religious as we might like for them to be, some not at all. As women we often think that we can change our men but that is just not how it works. We can't change them, only God can do that. It is our job to pray for them and set the best example that we can. Let God's love work through us. Now that raises another question, this one stems from my own experience. What if we aren't setting a good example? I mean I try but I have a very short temper and even shorter patience. How am I supposed to show my husband the glory of God if I can't even feel it myself? My husband is a good man, he goes to church if I ask him but he isn't the most spiritual man. I would like for both of us to grow in the Lord and I feel that it is up to me to get the wheels in motion. This isn't so easy when I'm getting mad at every little thing and being so emotional. So what do we do in this situation? All I know to do is to keep praying and studying God's word and working on myself. No one said this life is easy, if they did they must have been doing something wrong. I believe God gives us trials so that we may come out a better person. And the enemy gives us trials to try to break us down. Either way it isn't easy. We just have to trust in the Lord and follow his word to whatever avail. I still have a  lot of work to do on myself. So whether it's your husband or yourself just keep praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment