Friday, March 18, 2011

In my Father's house.

"In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you." John 14:2

I love this verse because I associate it with the image of Howard Finster's poster titled "In My Father's House". You can find it in this link: http://www.finster.com/Message%20Posters.htm

I also love it because it reminds me that this world is only temporary. The house that I live in now will one day crumble and fall (hopefully not while I'm still in it). My true home is in Heaven in the presence of the Lord. It helps to keep things in perspective. I may not have exactly the house I want with all the rooms and the big yard full of magnolia trees but in Heaven I will not want for anything. I will be fully content. It reminds me that while I am on this earth I can also be content, because I know that I have a loving God that I will be united with in Heaven. Whatever trials I go through I can take solice in the fact that my Lord is with me. He never leaves my side. I praise Him for His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment