Friday, January 21, 2011

proverbs 31:30

"Favor is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."





This is one of my favorite verses in the bible. Oddly enough the first time I ever heard it was in a D.C. Talk song. Then a bit later in life I heard it at my grandmother's funeral. If the catchy song put it in my head, hearing those words describe my grandmother as a woman who feared and loved the Lord, put it in my heart. So what does it mean to be a Godly woman?



Throughout the bible we see examples of what a woman who loves the Lord should be. Today we have amazing books like "Girls Gone Wise in a World Gone Wild" by Mary A. Kassian. And if those references aren't enough we now have the True Woman Movement. What's that you ask? Well let me tell you, or better yet click the link at the bottom of this blog and see for yourself. Trust me, if you have time to read my blog you have time to see what God is doing in the lives of women today. Men, I encourage you to read up on the movement as well. And no, this isn't some bra burning we are women hear us roar thing. This is truely women wanting to live the lives that God created us for, the lives that he has planned for us. If we want to live in His word and carry out His will we need to be living the life of a Godly woman.

Please take the time to check this out.

http://www.truewoman.com/

"Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies." -Proverbs 31:10

"Well I'm lookin' for a girl who's virtuous
Cause God laid it on my heart to search for this
So I open up the Word to the book of Proverbs
The 31rst chapter tells me all about her
Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain
A woman who fears the Lord, she ain't playin'
Hear what I'm sayin', cause I'm sayin' it clearly
She's the kinda girl I gots to have near me"
-DC Talk

No comments:

Post a Comment