Monday, January 31, 2011

I'm in the valley.

Have you ever felt lost? Have you felt as though you are just floating around in limbo waiting for something to happen? I've been feeling that way. Like a spool of thread come undone. I don't know what I am supposed to do. I can't get excited about anything. Where did my enthusiasm go? Did I even spell that right? I hate this feeling. Being in a funk. I guess you have to have valleys to appreciate the peaks. I'm definetly in a valley right now. There are worse things though. I'd rather be in a valley than in a desert. Being in a desert would be like not knowing God. Not knowing that things would get better, not having hope or faith. In a valley the grass is still green, the streams still flow and you can at least see the mountain. It may seem like some obstacle you can't overcome but it's there and you can overcome it with God's help. The next thing you know you will be sitting on that mountain top just enjoying the veiw. So right now I'm in the valley. I can see the mountain although it is very hazy. Surrounded by fog and clouds. Like I said, I'm in limbo. I'm not sure what I'm up against or what my next move is. I'm just waiting to hear from God. Looking and listening for signs to lead me on the right path. After all there may be more than one way up or around that mountain. Or maybe I'm meant to stay in the valley awhile? Only God knows what is in store for me. Only His guidance will lead me in the right direction. Satan will surely try to trick me into going the wrong way. He probably has an easy enticing way around the mountain, but at what cost? If I'm not listening to God's signal, if I'm not intune with Him I will be lead astray. Off into the wilderness. I pray.

My Father in Heaven, I pray that You will lead me where you want me to go. Give me the wisdom to see the signs and make the right decisions. Don't let me be lead astray by the enemy. Show me the route to take and be there with me to give me strength and grace. Amen

"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye" -Psalm 32:8

No comments:

Post a Comment